At Carrington Primary School we believe that school uniform has a very positive influence on both learning and behaviour.
Our uniform is:
- Navy blue, black or grey cardigan or jumper
- Navy blue, black or grey skirt, pinafore dress or trousers/shorts
- Blue and white checked dress
- White, blue or grey shirt, blouse or polo shirt
- Navy, black or grey tights
- Black shoes or sandals (not trainers)
- Sun hats are encouraged during the summer as the children play outside
Uniform with the school logo can be bought from Just Schoolwear. Please visit their website for opening times, parents can also benefit from a free ‘click & collect’ service. http://www.just-schoolwear.co.uk/shop/Carrington-Primary-School.html
Children who stay at school for lunch can be out of doors for up to 40 minutes during the school day. This should be kept in mind when sending children to school, especially in winter.
Trainers should not be worn during the school day. Shoes should be practical with low heels rather than fashionable. There is a flight of stairs leading to many of our classrooms and this could be dangerous if unsuitable footwear is worn.
- Black, grey, navy or white shorts
- White/blue ‘T’ shirt
- In the colder weather, please provide a tracksuit or jumper and waterproof footwear (e.g. football boots)
- Boys – trunks (not shorts), towel
- Girls – bathing costume (not bikini), towel, hat (if hair is long)
The Local Authority states that children are not allowed to wear jewellery for PE or swimming. All jewellery must be removed before children go into the pool. The removal, care of or replacement of lost jewellery is not the responsibility of any member of staff.
Jewellery and valuables
In the best interests of the safety of all children, only one pair of stud earrings or jewellery for religious reasons should be worn. Children are not allowed to bring mobile phones to school.